You may have received a message from WhatsApp recently, telling you that they have reviewed their privacy policy.
Now, having read the terms and conditions I realize that accepting the new policy will mean WhatsApp can share your information on Facebook.
Now if you do not want this...kindly accept the privacy policy then go to
*WhatsApp settings. Click on account and uncheck the box that says share my info on Facebook*.
Then you are fine!
Always Read terms and conditions.
Always Read terms and conditions.
THIS UPDATE IS NOT HARMFUL AND IT ACTUALLY HELPS A LOT, IT'S NOT A CRIME TO LEAVE THE BOX UNCHECKED.
Normally everything you say on whatsapp is on "whatsapp server" (except you did the message encryption process you see on all chat box).
After critical review, here is what your chat info can be used for:
So when you type "I wanna buy Nike shoes in Nigeria" to a friend in a whatsapp chat. Whatsapp send those info to Facebook, if 'Nike Nigeria' contacts Ifektive and I run a social media marketing ad on nike shoes, you'll see the "Nike stores in Nigeria" advert on your facebook timeline, Cus you just typed that to a friend.
So when you type "I wanna buy Nike shoes in Nigeria" to a friend in a whatsapp chat. Whatsapp send those info to Facebook, if 'Nike Nigeria' contacts Ifektive and I run a social media marketing ad on nike shoes, you'll see the "Nike stores in Nigeria" advert on your facebook timeline, Cus you just typed that to a friend.
Same as if you say you want to place a bomb somewhere, FBI will add you on their terrorist list asap! 😂 lmao!
Facebook is trying to streamline your online experience according to your mobile number to help in more accurate friends suggestions based on ur whatsapp contacts and more localized ads.
Stay safe, awareness is key.
Get in touch with me on Twitter and Instagram @ifektive

No comments:
Post a Comment